1. Click here: https://quizlet.com/68843021/all-verbs-chapter-4-flash-cards/
2. Click on "Test".
3. Make sure you are signed-in before you begin!
4. Under 'question types' at the right click all 4 choices.
5. Under 'starts with' click 'Spanish'.
6. Under question limit make sure it says 20.
7. Begin your practice quiz. Although this is not weighted as a quiz it will still be taken for a grade! Please do your best and if it turns out terribly please retake!
8. When you have finished please email me the screenshot. Make sure it contains the score and your username in the top right corner. This is due by the end of class today.
** PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THE QUIZ ON FRIDAY YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY VERB CHARTS AVAILABLE!!!!!!!
Forget how to take a screenshot?
Click here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/want-to-take-a-screenshot-on-your-chromebook-heres-how/
We will discuss Three Kings Day and watch the following video in class before you begin this assignment.
For the following assignment you will need to complete a presentation using google slides. Your presentation should be 8 slides long and should contain both pictures and text as is specified below. When you search additional websites for more information please make sure to keep track of these sites. It is recommended that you search for your images on pinterest, instagram or google images.
Slide1: Make a title slide. This slide should include the name of Three Kings Day in Spanish, your name and period number and at least 1 picture.
Slide 2: This slide should include 1-2 pictures and 2-3 sentences in English. This slide should tell me what Three Kings Day is, when is celebrated and what it is called here in the U.S.
Slide 3: This slide should include 1-2 pictures and 2-3 sentences in English. This slide should tell me where in the world Three Kings Day or its equivalent is celebrated. Please include 1 Spanish-speaking country and one non Spanish-speaking country.
Slide 4: This slide should contain 1-2 pictures and 2-3 sentences in English. This slide should tell me who the three "kings" of Three Kings Day were, where they went and what they brought.
Slide 5: This slide should contain 1-2 pictures and 2-3 sentences in English. This slide should explain one custom of children during Three Kings Day.
Slide 6: This slide should contain 1-2 pictures and 2-3 sentences in English. This slide should explain one other custom of children or adults during Three Kings Day.
Slide 7: This slide should include 1-2 pictures and 2-3 sentences in English. This slide should explain 1 comparison or contrast between Christmas and Three Kings Day.
Slide 8: This slide should contain the links to any additional websites used.
* This is due before the end of class Wednesday 1/6/15.
***Make sure to share your presentation with me before the above date!
The following are the links to your online midterm review. You will be given class time to complete the practice activities Thursday December 10th, Friday December 11th and Monday December 14th. Please be sure to accurately record your scores.This online midterm review is due the period you're scheduled to take your midterm. Please see the midterm schedule posted in class.
In addition to the online midterm review you should be working on the paper pencil review outside of class. The paper pencil review is also due the period you're scheduled to take your exam.
Please read the instructions below and/or that were given in class. It is necessary to choose and complete 3 activities total and email 3 screenshots (1 for each) before the end of the class period today!
The activities and sites are the following:
Who Wants to be a Millionaire:
Putting it in Order:
Please complete this articles practice quiz before leaving class today. It will be counted as a class work grade and not as an actual quiz grade. Please take your time in completing. You may refer to any of the pages on articles in your packet for help.
1. Click on this link:
2. Check to see that you have answered all questions carefully and them click "submit".
3. Once you have clicked submit you will need to take a screenshot of your score and/or submitted answers.
4. If you do not know how to screenshot on a chromebook please click here:
5. Once you have taken your screenshot please email it to me.
6. In your gmail click "Compose"on the left, enter my email address and in the subject line write your full name and period number.
7. To attach the screenshot you will need to click the paperclip icon. When a new window opens select the screenshot you took. (It may be under "recents")
8. If you're having difficulty attaching the screenshot in an email you may also save the screenshot to your google drive and then share it with me.
Below is your Chapter 1 Packet. If you miss a day of class it will be up to you to watch the videos from the part missed and respond to the questions. Please use the active links in the packet below for each video.
Today in class you will be using the site below for some geography practice. You will need headphones! Please work through all specified levels and record your scores carefully. Be sure to click on the icon or picture for each level and not the text to open a new page. Your goal in class today is to complete the front side. You will have time to finish the backside in class Tuesday!
For the next several days we will be focusing our learning on the culture and geography of the many Spanish-speaking countries around the world. To begin you will complete the assignment below to familiarize yourself with each of the countries. Complete the handout given in class (also featured below) by reading through each of the country descriptions. You might also need to look at the maps given to you below. If you already know or find the "Class Note Extras" while reading you may fill them out. If you cannot find them we will talk about them in class tomorrow! Also if you would prefer to read the descriptions from a book let me know. Good luck and see me for questions!
¡ Hola! Welcome to my website and thank you for exploring. If you're reading this it means that you have survived the first day of school, congrats! You have experienced some headaches and frustration on the first day. You may also continue to experience this in the weeks to come. But don't worry, although learning a new language is a lot of work it can also be a lot of fun! I hope that you'll stick with it, work hard and always ask for help. Enjoy the video below. I hope it lightens the mood and alleviates some stress. See you soon or as you may have already learned in Spanish I, ¡ Hasta pronto! :)
10 reasons why you should learn another language!